3rd Line Service Desk Engineer
Canterbury, Kent | £30000 - £40000 per annum | Posted 86 days ago
Due to continued success, our client have an exciting opportunity for an experienced 3rd Line Service Desk to join their Service Delivery team. Our client has grown from strength-to-strength as a Managed Service Provider. They take pride in having an employee-centric environment and are strong believers in developing the skills, knowledge and resource of their small workforce.
The hours of work are 37.5 per week. This is based on a rota, shifts falling between 08:00-18:00, Monday-Friday, plus in addition cover one Weekend Day a month as standby (rarely utilised but need to have access to a laptop in case). Applicants must be flexible to work additional hours to fulfil the requirements of the job role.
About the role
- Provide on site and remote technical support to an extensive client base
- To install and maintain IT and communications systems in line with specifications, to ensure client requirements
- Assist in providing diagnosis and resolution of issue tickets, maintaining a high level of 1st time fixes
- To act as an escalation point for 1st and 2nd Line Service Desk Engineers
- Respond appropriately to technical issues raised, through resolution or escalation
- Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure contractual SLAs are met
- Self-manage projects from scoping, design and implementation through to sign off
- Log all service tickets received via telephone, email and service portal
- To maintain the appropriate client site documentation for each designated client
- Previous experience providing technical support for a Managed Service Provider (5 Years Preferable or at least in an IT Support Role)
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Good understanding of a service management environment (ITIL)
- A team player prepared to work at all levels
- A well-presented customer focused individual with strong communication skills
- A full driving license is essential
Please quote reference 1377144. If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies