Brighton, East Sussex | £10.42 per hour | Posted 21 days ago
Our client is looking for a Booking Administrator to play a vital role in managing the referral process, ensuring the efficient registration and triage of new patient referrals.
Your responsibilities will include indexing referrals, updating patient demographics, booking, amending, and cancelling outpatient appointments, and providing support to patients throughout the process.
This role requires effective communication, attention to detail, and adherence to Trust policies and procedures.
- Register new patient referrals
- Update patient demographics in the Trust patient administration system at the point of referral registration
- Book, amend, and cancel outpatient appointments for patients via telephone, confirming details by letter
- Work to targets and objectives, managing workload, telephone calls, and general daily duties
- Respond to patient needs, ensuring individual needs are met (e.g., booking interpreters for non-English-speaking patients)
- Provide and receive complex and sensitive information to/from patients about their appointments, addressing communication barriers
- Raise and escalate questions, ensuring timely investigation to avoid delays in patient treatment
- Organise hospital inpatient admissions and arrange blood tests prior to certain procedures
- Answer telephone calls from patients, GP’s, and other Trust staff, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism
- Ensure appropriate preparation and instructions for patients prior to procedures
- Update patient demographics at the time of booking if changes occur
- Send text message confirmations for appointments
- Work under pressure, multitasking in complex and emotional situations
- Problem-solve, escalate issues, and accurately record information
- Maintain professionalism when dealing with patients and colleagues
Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
So, if you feel this is the right role for you, click 'apply' now or call us to discuss further.
If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.