Reigate, Surrey | £30.91 per hour | Posted 23 days ago
Our client is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their team.
This role plays a pivotal part in producing the annual statement of accounts with an unqualified audit opinion. The position involves analysing and interpreting financial regulations, implementing systems for compliance, and maintaining a robust internal control framework.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Produce and maintain the annual chart of accounts, ensuring alignment with the financial structure and regulatory requirements
- Oversee the preparation of accurate and compliant financial reports and statements for timely submission to internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a technical expert on accounting practices, providing guidance for the production of the annual accounts
- Stay up to date with changes in accounting standards and regulations, communicating their implications
- Ensure adherence to financial regulations, accounting standards, and government financial reporting requirements
- Serve as the single point of contact and authority for external auditors
- Coordinate audit processes, address findings, and ensure compliance with audit requirements
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders, including councillors, senior management, auditors, and government agencies
- Provide financial information and answer queries
- Collaborate with IT teams to implement and maintain appropriate IT systems supporting financial controls and reporting
- Oversee learning and development initiatives to promote regulatory adherence
- Manage a group of staff to ensure the delivery of annual targets and goals within budgetary constraints
- Lead, motivate, and develop individuals using a coaching approach
- Qualified Accountant, preferably CIPFA, with full professional membership of CCAB, CIMA, or overseas equivalent body
- Authoritative knowledge of work practices, processes, and procedures relevant to the role
- Ability to manage budgets and resources effectively
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of the CIPFA Code and IFRS
- Previous experience in a role involving analysis of business/information and interaction with senior business representatives
If you feel this role suits your skills and experience, click ‘apply’ now or call us to discuss.
If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.