Eastbourne, East Sussex | £50000 - £55000 per annum | Posted 7 days ago
Our Client is a human experience agency with 20 years experience delivering pioneering solutions for global brands and governments. Due to their continuing success, they are looking to recruit a full-time Account Director to join their growing team. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse and talented company. Our Client is a full-service live events agency with headquarters in East Sussex. Our team of talented people work with a number of global brands and government departments specialising in the design, project management and delivery of live events in the UK and internationally.
The Account Director will work closely with the Executive Account Director, the Account Management team and clients to deliver the account strategy and event programme for multiple clients, including some of the companies Key Accounts and will review a wide range of feedback to monitor effectiveness. They will be the day to day contact for Key Clients, whilst leading a managing the team to ensure project delivering and internal processes and carried out to the highest standard.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Maintain day to day client contact with Key Accounts
- Ensure regular communication with the wider client pool is being managed effectively by your Account Manager and Account Executive
- Provide strategic direction to all accounts, adopt a solutions-focused approach to client account management
- Work collaboratively with your Account Team and the Exec AD to define, plan, implement and evaluate client account strategy
- Prepare for and lead client and internal account meetings, pitch new business opportunities, to assist the business in regular new client acquisition
- Demonstrate strong leadership and organisational skills, meeting client and account deadlines, develop and maintain detailed client account schedules
- Review client accounts regularly and identify opportunities, ensure client retention levels remain above 80%
- Proactively promote the inclusion of feedback and monitoring tools in a client's account strategy
- Analyse and identify trends in collected data and use data to define a client accounts strategy
- Understand the client's business and its competition proactively avoiding potential conflict
- Work collaboratively with other AD's to identify innovation, efficiencies or improvements
- Write detailed client briefs and/or define an activity's scope of works
- Proactively manage client change requests and effectively log all client sign-offs, also technical and creative input across a client account
- Identify new opportunities with existing client accounts, upselling and cross selling products and services
- Maintain and take overall responsibility for client account and/or project budget
- Be willing to travel both nationally and internationally
The Account Director must have a passion for measuring the success of events and delivering tangible return on investment for a client. Tactical marketing, account strategy and creativity are key aspects and requirements required for this role. A high-level of customer satisfaction must be obtained through forensic attention to detail and the delivery of solutions which exceed client objectives. In order to be successful, the Account Director will have a detailed working knowledge of both the live and virtual events industry.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven track record of business development, account management responsibility and people management
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Good level of computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
- Previous experience in the industry, i.e. print house, signage fabrication, conferencing, modular exhibition display or custom exhibition
- Previous experience managing a client account with an annual spend of £400k+
- Proven organisational and leadership skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with GCSE in Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent
- Ability to work in a customer focused manner and can demonstrate the ability to carry out tasks within set time frames and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills, Commitment to TRACC principles, Self-prioritise workload according to business needs
- Full UK Driving Licence, plus a valid Passport
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.