Accounts Payable Assistant
Hastings, East Sussex | Negotiable | Posted 11 days ago
Our Client are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Payable Assistant person on an initial temporary basis. They are looking to recruit someone to manage existing accounts and support the team.
About the role
- Process requests for purchase orders and ensure that the appropriate levels of authorisation have been received
- Lead weekly purchase order meetings to review outstanding orders
- Compiling monthly supplier payment runs in accordance with agreed supplier payment terms
- Ensure that all accounts payable activities comply with relevant financial policies and procedures
- Assist the finance team with reports and other information as required
- Attaching the correct documentation to invoices and reconciling purchase orders to invoices received
- Filing, scanning documents, answering the phone and other admin tasks including dealing the finance email inbox in a timely order
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Working knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of relevant accounting software
- Previous experience within the Finance sector
Please quote reference 1377993 . If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.