Assistant Project Manager
Hastings, East Sussex | £24000 - £28000 per annum | Posted 23 days ago
A company who deliver a full range of signage requirements for their clients from Surveying to Design, Manufacturing and Installation are on the market seeking Assistant Project Manager. The succesful candidate will oversee the delivery of a project from its inception to completion, both in a lead and support capacity. Ensuring client expectations are exceeded, projects are delivered on time and to budget, and margins are protected. They have been established for over 20 years and have built an exceptional relationship with key clients resulting in an exceptionally strong order book ensuring long term work for the right candidate.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Plan own diary and management of time effectively
- Check own actions planned or executed
- Collate all site reports and update clients with project progress
- Issue photos to the Drawing office for completion packs to be created
- Store all documentation and photos in the relevant clarity files
- Attend weekly Operations meeting to receive update on Projects going through production and advise on any potential changes or upcoming works
- 121 Meeting with Operations Manager to advise on projects status
- Brief Installation crews on project site works
- Contribute to Installation schedule with future planned works
- Report to Operations Manager on % of actual projects completed against planned number of project completed.
- Report on number of snags received and number of site revisits
- Details reasons for snags/revisits and plan on how to eliminate these going forward
- Detail any plant/sub-contractors used that were not allowed for within any works and why they were used and how we can mitigate that going forward
- Attend internal company meetings as necessary
- Attend client meetings / presentation as necessary
- Attend site meetings as necessary
- Carry out small survey works as necessary
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong willingness and optimistic attitude to grow with this role
- An interest in business and appreciate the importance of this role as a support role for the smooth operation of the business
- Highly professional and positive in your thoughts, words, actions and appearance
- Extremely organised and efficient and deliver on results even under pressure
- The work you produce is consistently neat and presentable and you have an excellent eye for detail and accuracy
- You have a clear, confident and captivating voice and telephone manner
- You will fully live the vision, mission and values of the Company
- To be able to work independently and sometimes alone without constant supervision, and have an eye and passion for perfection in everything you do
- When working as part of a team you value the input of others and take responsibility for the part you have to play
- Consistently follow processes which are in place, and help develop new ones or improve current processes; a high degree of self-compliance is expected
- Manage expectations and priorities in terms of time, cost and quality, particularly when there is likely to be failure in meeting a deadline.
- To be able to learn from your mistakes, continually acquire new skills and ways of improving what you do. You have a passion for improving your education and learning - via reading, audiobooks, training course etc.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Internet Explorer and have a high degree of computer literacy
- Able to organise and manage your works including filing systems, computer systems, accounting systems, ERPs/CRMs
- Must have a great team ethic and enjoy showing loyalty and support to each member of the team
The following position will include these benefits:
- Auto enrolment work place pension scheme
- Working hours will be 08:30 - 17:30 Monday to Friday. There may occasionally be night work or at weekends when the project requires it, although there will be plenty of notice
- Expenses will be reimbursed if they are incurred for work
- Mileage will be paid at 40p for the first 10,000 miles and then 25p per mile thereafter for travel required for Company business but does not include travel to the office
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.