Hastings, East Sussex | £18000 - £20000 per annum | Posted 39 days ago
A well established and trusted Manufacturer, Supplier and Installer of rain screen cladding. Additionally they offer a number of other premium rain-screen cladding solutions, carefully chosen to offer dependable technical standards and superb aesthetics; featuring fire resistant cladding panels, complete rain-screen framing systems, engineered stone cladding, rear-ventilated cladding systems and high pressure laminates. They are renowned for having great people, investing in the development of their team to ensure they keep a motivated work force.
They are currently on the market seeking a Chemistry Technician to assist in the fabrication of their external cladding solutions.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Understand the chemicals involved in our products, their functions and how they perform in the products
- Understand the products and how they are made, and how they work in practice
- Understand manufacturing processes involved within the business
- Understand product specifications and properties
- Develop new product formulations in the Laboratory to meet internal product specifications, as directed
- Pilot manufacture in the Lab all new products formulations and test experimental products to external industry standards
- Production-trial new products in the plant, and test trial products against external industry standards, and internal quality standards
- Adapt and modify existing formulations as required to meet company requirements, and external specifications
- Develop own formulations for products to meet company requirements
- Test product longevity and fitness for purpose
- Understand the requirements of critical industry standards, and liaise with test houses for testing development products
- Evaluate new raw materials in existing formulations to effect product improvements
- Write and distribute technical reports
- Maintain, calibrate, clean test equipment
- Order and maintain stock and resources
- Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments in reinforced composites
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to A-Level/Degree or National Higher Diploma standard in Chemistry or Chemical Technology
- RQF Level 4 or 5
- Good team player, but capable of working alone and meeting deadlines.
- Analyticall mindset with a methodical approach to problem solving and product development.
- Previous employment in a chemical laboratory
- Experience in polymer chemistry
- Knowledge of inorganic fillers, and filler technology is not a prerequisite, but will be an advantage
- Computer literate (Word documents, Spreadsheets, Internet)
- Able to work independently and unsupervised when required
The following position will include these benefits:
- Excellent long term career prospects
- Plus benefit package
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.