CNC Machine Team Leader
Hastings, East Sussex | £30000 - £40000 per annum | Posted 24 days ago
A company renowned for the Design and Manufactures electronical solutions to be used in a variety of industries and sectors. They are renowned for their quality and product specialists who ensure they can deliver a variety of products to a broad range of industries. They are currently on the market seeking CNC Machine Team Leaders to oversee a successful team from a diverse backgrounds and industries. You will be responsible for the workload, production and staff.
To lead a cell by managing the workload, the production and its staff. Supervising, programme, set and operate first/second operation machines to accurate specifications ensuring that components are produced correct to drawing, quality requirements and delivered on time.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Day to day supervision of staff.
- Create Daily/ Weekly plans that deliver the business requirements for the Cell and Machine shop.
- Drive the performance of the team to achieve the defined plan.
- Hold and record regular effective one to one's with team members.
- Ensure that your own and the teams work is finished on time and to the correct standard.
- When required to conduct quality investigations and reviews to determine true root cause of defects, using appropriate tools and methodologies.
- Identify development needs within your cell, and with the support of the shift Supervisor, organise and plan training solutions accordingly.
- Host cell reviews and manage cell communication boards, to include reporting to shift supervisor.
- To be accountable for the cell's Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets, communicate these with the cell members, and feedback with potential solutions when not on target.
- Ensure company procedures and policies are upheld.
- To ensure health and safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation are adhered too.
- To programme, set and operate the CNC machines within the cell
- Liaise with other departments and managers when required.
- Maintain efficient manning ratios on 1st and 2nd operations.
- Liaise with the maintenance department regarding machine breakdowns and repairs.
- When required, to carry out TEOA/KAISAN activities.
- Ensure all Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) activities are carried out to the standards required.
- Ensure 5S is maintained to the standards required.
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience of leading a team
- Good general education with a high standard of engineering skills.
- A working knowledge of relevant CNC operating, and safety procedures is essential.
- A relevant Engineering qualification is advantageous.
- The ability to work in a methodical way with minimum supervision.
- Must be computer literate; experience with Excel and SAP is ben
The following position will include these benefits:
- £27k Basic + £200 per month team leader allowance + 33.3% Shift Allowance
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.