Hastings, East Sussex | £27000 - £34000 per annum + Including shift allowance | Posted 17 days ago
A company renowned for the Design and Manufactures electronical solutions to be used in a variety of industries and sectors. They are renowned for their quality and product specialists who ensure they can deliver a variety of products to a broad range of industries. They are currently on the market seeking a CNC Setter to programme and operate CNC milling and turning machines.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- To set and operate first and second operation machines to accurate specifications ensuring that components are produced correct to drawing and delivered on time
- To set and operate first operation CNC machines and support with setting and/or operating second operation machines as required ensuring parts are to the correct quality specified on the drawing and routing instructions, in line with the fundamental rules of component manufacture
- To assist in the training of others as required
- To understand priorities and to work towards achieving delivery objectives
- To work to maintain and improve time standards so that late jobs may be minimised
- To maintain a high level of house-keeping at all times in order that 5S+1 and health and safety standards may be maintained
- To make small fixtures and grind tools when necessary
- To observe health and safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- To ensure all required maintenance is carried out in accordance to TPM plan
- To adhere to company procedures at all times
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A good basic standard of education is required with an engineering bias
- Experience of machine tools would be an advantage
- Previous relevant experience
- Training would be given on the companies machines and products
- Candidate needs to be a team player and eager to learn
The following position will include these benefits:
- Alternate Shifts: 6am till 2pm, or 2pm to 10pm
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.