St Leonards-On-Sea, East Sussex | £30000 - £33000 per annum + (Performance Related Bonus) | Posted 19 days ago
A company who provide expert legal services to the residential property market are on the market seeking a Conveyancer. They have a desire to facilitate sales and purchases by providing a professional service making the home purchasing / sales process as seamless as possible.
They have been established for over 30 years and have been trading within a competitive volume market and has seen significant growth in recent years and are continuing to grow thus the need for additional resources.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Deal professionally with other lawyers, Estate Agents and all third parties associated with the transaction
- Using the OMS to progress cases efficiently and to the timescale set by the Protocol
- Accountable for all dealings with other lawyers and other legal aspects on all property transactions
- Assess risk on every transaction by using skills to make pragmatic decisions and to ensure appropriate legal advice is given
- Take responsibility for the quality of legal advice given on every residential property transaction that is assigned to you
- Ensure that all activities and tasks required to be performed are undertaken promptly and proactively, prioritising where appropriate and support others to do likewise
- You must be able to evaluate AML information provided by a client and assess whether this is acceptable. In the event of any serious concerns or Performance will be monitored using monthly Key Performance Indicators
- Ensuring that work is accurately carried out in the set time frame
- Maintaining high standards of client care and service to third parties
- Taking notes and action points on instructions as and when required
- suspicions you must consult the Money Laundering Officer
- Identify Additional Legal Services and ensure that a client is advised and billed appropriately for these
- Keep appropriate and thorough telephone/file notes to accurately record client instructions
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous case handling experience of a minimum of 1 year is essential
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, well-spoken and personable; able to get on with diverse personalities
- Friendly and approachable
- Reliable and consistent
- Helpful and positive attitude
- Flexible attitude to working practices and demands
- Responsible, professional and trustworthy
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong organisation, planning, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Confident, resourceful and practical
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team
- Personal commitment to equality and diversity
The following position will include these benefits:
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (Additional holiday days accrued at 1 day for every year's service in the annual leave year following completion of the 1 years' service increasing annually thereafter by one
day up to a maximum of 5 additional days. Holiday year runs from 1st January to 31st
- Hours are 9.00am to 5.30pm with 1 hour unpaid lunch break
- Enrolment into Company Workplace Pension Scheme 3 months after joining
- Mandatory training such as AML, Customer Service and Data Protection will be provided by the company
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.