Hastings, East Sussex | £30000 - £50000 per annum | Posted 17 days ago
A bespoke Joinery subcontractor and supply only Joinery contractor with an enviable reputation in the marketplace for the manufacture and installation of a variety of bespoke Joinery and associated trades. They are renowned for working on high end packages across a variety of sectors and have a reputation for delivering beyond their clients expectations. Following the pandemic and the upturn in work they are looking to add a Design Co-Ordinator to their team.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Review Architects finishes schedule and raise detailed sample lines on document issue register and chase through to delivery and sign off on site
- Review Architects sanitary-ware and white goods schedule and raise detailed tech sub lines on document issue register and chase through to delivery and sign off on site
- Review Architects drawings/specifications and raise initial RFI's onto document issue register
- Produce marked up floor plan showing scope
- Arrange and attend weekly site meetings with the architect and client to drive forward drawing, sample, and tech-sub approvals and answers to RFI's
- Arrange and attend meetings with Trade Contractors to ensure joinery is fully coordinated with other trades, and pro-actively engage in debate to provide practical solution-based advice and resolutions, ensuring that maximum commercial value is maintained.
- Provide sketches, drawings and scheduling if required
- Pro-actively ensure that programme compliance is maintained. Inform Design Office Manager and if necessary Operations Director of any risks to the project targets or success.
- Maintain communication records with main contractor and their representatives, and trade contractors, as this may be used for evidence at project close-out
- Instigate and assist the site team with site surveys
- Maintain awareness of commercial related matters and advise the Surveying team if matters that have a commercial impact arise
- Attend sites where necessary if design issues arise and co-ordinate with the Supervisor to facilitate a solution as required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Practical management experience at various levels
- Communication and influencing skills to be able to communicate effectively with Clients & Staff
- Forge relationships with Clients to assist the securing of on-going works.
- Detailed experience in the use of Microsoft office suite and CAD.
- Prioritising and excellent filing skills essential (both electronic and manual)
The following position will include these benefits:
- 21 days holiday per annum
- 45 hours per week
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.