Eastbourne, East Sussex | Up to £10.50 per hour | Posted 31 days ago
Our Client who is recognised as a pioneer in engineering and manufacturing is actively seeking a Documents Controller to work within their Project Department at their plant in Eastbourne.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Manage all project documentation generated by company and sub-contractors; create and revise project documentation for customer approval
- Control workflow of all project related documents including registers ensuring documents meet the Company quality requirements before being filed
- Liaise with internal and external customers to ensure that documents contain correct and understandable information with regards to their categorisation
- Maintain accurate file structure for all project documentation
- Perform quality control checks to ensure Company generated documents comply with Company and client document management system
- Distribute documentation to the project team in a timely and accurate manner
- Expedite and track status of all documents reviewed internally
- Actively participate in working groups to deliver continuous improvement projects and activities
- Regularly review relevant work instructions and procedures and update them accordingly
- Attend relevant meetings with the customers (i.e. kick-off meetings, witnessing and final inspections
- Metrics - Maintain department metrics and display accordingly; maintain personal weekly and monthly performance metrics
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous document control and/or Engineering experience
- Highly organised and able to manage own workload
- Good communicator, orally and written
- Capable of dealing with high pressure situations
- Quality beliefs and excellent attention to detail
The following position will include these benefits:
- ASAP Start
- Competitive salary
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.