Engine Build Technician
Hastings, East Sussex | £25000 - £30000 per annum + DOE | Posted 29 days ago
Specialist engine development company in the Hastings area are looking for an experienced full-time Engine Build Technician to join their team. This vacancy would ideally suit an experienced mechanic. In this role you will be expected to carry out new engine builds, prototype testing, power-train diagnosis, maintenance, installation and repair and you will be working closely with the design department.
Successful applicants will be an integral part of a small team and have a key eye for detail and need to have problem solving skills.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Must have good working knowledge of internal combustion engines
- Undertake assembly of new engine products, plus repair and rebuild test engines
- Carry out dynamo-meter test programs, monitoring and document test data
- Help with diagnosis and resolving of any engine test related issues
- Must be computer literate
- Maintain and service machinery & equipment
- Carry out fabrication work when required - welding etc - (training can be provided)
- Must be very practical, with good problem solving skills and be tidy
- Must have good attitude, communication skills, be self motivated and be able to work with others
- Should have desire to further themselves
- Be flexible to undertake other duties if asked where necessary
- Hold full driving license
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Preferably qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalent. However, previous experience is of greater value.
- An understanding of electronics would be an asset
- Machine shop experience would also be an advantage
The following position will include these benefits:
- Working hours 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday & 8am to 4pm Friday, although might need to be flexible on rare occasions
- Salary dependant on experience
- Career Oppourtunites
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.