Hastings, East Sussex | £25000 - £30000 per annum | Posted 4 days ago
An exciting opportunity for a Factory Supervisor to join a high quality manafactuers based in Hastings. The Factory Supervisor will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the factory teams in respect of production and fabrication of APS Products. The role will ensure on-time delivery to the customer by maximizing productivity and the efficient use of both materials and labour. The Factory Supervisor will ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental issues (ISO14001) and product quality requirements (ISO9001.
About the Role
- Working with the Operations Manager and the Quality, Training and Improvement Manager develops and implements policies and procedures designed to improve quality and efficiency.
- Establishes priorities to ensure that the factory teams work in the most efficient manner.
- Manages the efforts of the shop floor teams to meet production targets and customer delivery dates.
- Communicates expectations to the factory teams and appraises their performance through agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and agreed targets.
- Ensures that Quality Control checks are carried out correctly at each stage of production.
- Checks manufacturing equipment and control points to ensure that efficient workflow is maintained.
- Working with the Operations Manager and the Quality, Training and Improvement Manager ensures that the introduction of lean working practices such as 5S are accepted and complied with.
- Support the Introduction of the SQDCP board and helps provide feedback to the workforce on problems raised.
- Good understanding of Health, Safety & Environmental rules.
- Excellent understanding of company policies and procedures with regards to Quality Control.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to solve problems, either working as a team or individually.
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure.
- Time Management skills.
Please quote reference 1377513 if you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies