East Sussex | Negotiable | Posted 19 days ago
We are currently seeking a first-class, experienced Financial Controller to lead the operational management of the Finance function, together with playing a key role in shaping the commercial direction of our Group. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established multi-site business at a pivotal time in its growth journey, underpinned by a strong, respected Finance function. The ideal candidate will ensure both financial control and transactional efficiency by being pro-active and client/ service-oriented, highly organised with a high level of energy and drive to ensure rigour is maintained throughout the Group.
Based in East Sussex, the role reports to the Group CEO, and will be expected to work closely with Leadership Teams. This is a hands-on role working in a rapidly expanding, dynamic business, providing real scope for career development, with significant exposure and opportunity to put your own stamp on the operational and strategic output of the business. The successful candidate will be ambitious, skilled, eager and commercially astute, with attention to detail and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
About the Role
- As Financial Controller you will be running day-to-day finance operations (team of 3, likely to grow), mentoring and developing the teams' skills
- Managing the timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts, providing valuable commentary and analysis
- Cash flow management; overseeing and controlling the Groups' funding facilities, and maintaining good bank relationships
- Maintaining the integrity of the Group's balance sheet and key reconciliations monthly
- Ensuring and monitoring the effective use of financial systems, controls, and procedures
- Managing all financial matters including overhead management, capex, VAT and other taxes and the payroll function
- Working capital and cash, particularly very strong receivables management
- Budgeting and Forecasting, and long-term projections with a focus on growth opportunities
- Providing commercial financial and analytical support to the business
- Attending all Board meetings, presenting financial results and forecasts
- Preparation of annual Statutory Accounts, liaising with external accountants
- Professionally qualified accountant (ideally ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Strong IFRS and technical knowledge
- Excellent analytical and financial skills, with keen attention to detail
- Previous experience of working, or auditing/advising, in a professional or financial services sector
- Commercial aptitude
- Experience managing a small team
- Strong communications skills with the ability to collaborate with teams across a Group setting
- Strong team player; energetic; enthusiastic; resilient; calm under pressure; self-motivating; service orientated
- Positive and flexible approach, able to work well under pressure, prioritise work effectively and meet strict deadlines
- First class written and verbal communication skills; be able to communicate effectively
- Confident manner and personal impact to command the respect of senior management
- Experience in either change management or quality improvement /assurance
- Prior exposure to Sage 200 and Enterprise software systems advantageous
- Experience of consolidations
Those who join us should aspire to share our core values of honesty, integrity and professionalism. We are highly acquisitive, so a major part of the role will be to help ensure that the people within companies we acquire share our ethical standards, get to quickly understand our culture and become loyal members of the wider Group.
Our teams embrace a culture to excel collectively, going above and beyond in what they do for both our candidates and clients. To join the Sammons Recruitment Group, your aspirations should be to work with a team with a passionate desire to succeed in a career move for the longer term, which we would fully support and reward.
Sammons Recruitment Group
The business was acquired by the current owners in 2019 and was substantially restructured through the Covid-19 lock-down periods, while investment was made in rebranding, a new website and strengthening the team with many new processes being introduced. The culture has been substantially reset, with the emphasis on transparency and clear open communication.
The business initially comprised two generalist recruitment offices, in Hastings and Eastbourne (the former includes the back-office functions), plus an office based in Essex that specialises in the recruitment of professional staff for the occupational pensions industry.
We have recently acquired https://www.brightred.com, based in Farnham Common, Bucks, which takes us into high-growth IT recruitment, and we are at an advanced stage with a further acquisition, and have a pipeline of further opportunities as we execute on a buy and build strategy.
If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.