Hastings, East Sussex | £40000 - £50000 per annum | Posted 9 days ago
Our client was established almost 40 years ago and since then has been offering security, fire safety, electrical and access control solutions to a range of clients throughout the South East of England. Their customer-focused approach means that they take the time to learn about the business they will be protecting, giving them the opportunity to offer truly bespoke support packages that perfectly suits their client's needs. They are actively seeking a Fire Surveyor to join their Team. The role requires an experienced, flexible and highly motivated individual who is capable of working under their own initiative and as part of a team.
You need a solid engineering background, with a comprehensive technical and practical understanding of Fire Alarm Systems and Fire Extinguishers. This includes the correct methods of installation. You need in-depth knowledge of British and European Standards relating to fire systems. Other types of experience include:
- Design and installation of Fire Alarms, Fire Extinguishers in industrial, commercial, retail and domestic environments in accordance with NSI/BAFE codes of practice
- Working with and understanding customer and other associated trade requirements
- Application of site health and safety procedures
- Estimating experience would be advantageous however training can be provided
Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems for Buildings
- BS 5839-1:2017 - Code of practice for design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of systems in non-domestic premises
- BS 5839-6:2019 - Code of practice for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of fire detection and fire alarm systems in domestic premises
- BS 5839-9:2011 - Code of practice for the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of emergency voice communication systems
Portable Fire Extinguishers
- BS 5306-0:2011 - Guide for selection of installed systems and other fire equipment
- BS 5306-3:2017 - Commissioning and maintenance of portable fire extinguishers - Code of Practice
- BS 5306-8:2012 - Selection and positioning of portable fire extinguishers - Code of practice
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems - Unit 1 Fundamentals
- Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems - Unit 2 Design
- Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems - Unit 3 Installation
- Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems - Unit 4 Commissioning
- Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems - Unit 5 Maintenance
- Fire Detection & Fire Alarm Systems - Unit 6 Domestic
- System Knowledge - Morley, Kentec, Apollo, EMS, EDA, Vesda, Ampac, Ziton, C-Te
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written
- Be literate and numerate
- Have the ability to compose a letter and email
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook, Visio and be able to use them in accordance with the company standards.
- Be conversant with Auto-CAD
- Strong administration skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Asbestos awareness
- CSCS card
- Risk assessments and method statements
The following position will include these benefits:
- Company Car
- Company Laptop
- Company Mobile Phone
- Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m with an unpaid half hour lunch break.
- After a period of 3 months you will be auto-enrolled into the Governments pension scheme which you can opt out of should you wish
- Permanently contracted to work 40 hours a week
- 20 days of paid annual leave and all 8 UK public bank holidays
- Training provided
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.