Pontyclun, Rhondda Cynon Taff | £28000 - £34000 per annum | Posted 23 days ago
A Group of Companies based in South Wales who provide a One Stop shop to the Civils and Construction Sector are on the market seeking a HGV fitter to be based in their workshop South Wales to join their team. They have a proven track record across all of their divisions proving very successful and working with a range of Industry Leading Contractors.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- To maintain, inspect, repair and test the Fleet of HGV
- Prepare, present all HGV vehicles, other than exempt categories, for annual MOT inspections
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to VOSA inspection manual standards
- Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems
- To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required
- To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required
- To complete associated paperwork to ensure that all statistics and legal information are produced
- To carry out any other duties as instructed by the supervisory staff, which are commensurate to the grade of this post
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
The following position will include these benefits:
- Overtime available
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.