Eastbourne, East Sussex | Negotiable | Posted 105 days ago
An opportunity has come up for a Litigation Lawyer to join a thriving team in Eastbourne. High quality work available from an established client base. Experience of running a caseload with minimal supervision and support ideal, but some secretarial and administrative support is available if needed. Great opportunities to carve a career in a high-achieving team in Eastbourne.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Provide high quality, timely, consistent and pragmatic legal advice to a range of different stakeholders
- Identify and advise on legal risk
- Provide advice which facilitates the effective progression and management of cases, meeting statutory and policy objectives and organisational priorities as set out in the Corporate Strategy
- Advise and support, or lead where necessary, criminal and/or regulatory investigations, in conjunction with external experts, legal advisers and suppliers
- Advise on effective analysis of material and compliance with disclosure obligations
- Ensure summons, associated prosecution materials and other pleadings, whether drafted internally by the client, by you or by counsel are appropriate and effective
- Attend and conduct advocacy at first appearances, PTPH and substantive magistrate's and crown court hearings and in other regulatory / civil proceedings and forums
- Contribute to the internal legal knowledge management system and support the learning and development of colleagues and clients through formal or informal training as required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of property litigation and debt collection desirable
- Would suit a solicitor in the early stages of their career, or an executive looking for a new environment
- Candidate should ideally be able to work with only light secretarial support
The following position will include these benefits:
- Competitive salary
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.