Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Hastings, East Sussex | Up to £14.50 per hour | Posted 11 days ago
About the role
- With guidance provided by the ME Team to update routings for products though the SAP (MRP) system
- Review upcoming order book and ensure all relevant documentation (drawings, routings, programs) are in place. Follow up with M.E. & Design colleagues where information is missing.
- Review drawings for upcoming orders to identify gauging requirements (following work instruction). Where gauging is not available, source new gauges from recommended suppliers (request quotes, raise for approval and place the PO).
- To perform other administrative and basic technical tasks to support the ME department as required.
- Experience of working in manufacturing environment is required.
- A good level of computer literacy is expected
- The ability to follow standard works instructions is essential
- A good understanding of spoken and written English is essential
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings is essential
- Understanding of gauging & tolerancing is required
- Experience with SAP or other MRP system is desired
- Experience working with suppliers (requesting quotes and placing orders) is desired
- Good numerical skills is desired.
Benefits the role offers
- Hours are Monday to Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-1pm
- Over Time available
- Use of subsidised canteen
- Free parking
- Opportunity to become permanent
Please quote reference 1377788. If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.