Hailsham, East Sussex | £25000 - £35000 per annum | Posted 113 days ago
Our client, a leading Design and Manufacturing company based in Hailsham, is looking for a Project/Planning Engineer to join their team. The successful applicant will play a key role in the Company's culture of collaboration and creativity, bringing new ideas and ways of working that drive innovation.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Developing engineering project objectives by studying design requirements, specification documents and technical engineering drawings
- Applying and representing the Company's interests and objectives
- Managing own workload of multiple large systems projects with integrity and diligence. This will include working with UK Government R&D programmes involving external partners
- Providing and applying accurate, results-orientated professional project management skills
- Understanding and organising anticipated labour requirements on a project
- Carrying out, evaluating and understanding risk on project plans
- Ensuring all the aims of the project and quality standards are being met
- Monitoring internal work instructions and sub-contractors to ensure directives and guidelines are maintained
- Understanding budgets and costings within an engineering based environment
- Reporting to the company directors, management team and funding partners on progress by attending review meetings and presentations
- Evaluating the success of the project against its bench-marking and sharing lessons or best practice with other team members
- Applying high levels of communication skills within company using MS Project planning software and other project management tools
- Supporting Sales team with engineering problem solving
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally, experience or understanding of mechanical, vacuum, and electrical systems used in large, specialised processing equipment assemblies
- Degree in a relevant Engineering subject
- Project and planning management background with a minimum of 3 years' experience within a systems engineering business environment
- All applicants must be a permanent UK Full Passport holder & resident
The following position will include these benefits:
- Part of a small team within a safe modern working environment
- Opportunities for progression to Senior management
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.