Hastings, East Sussex | Up to £11.50 per hour | Posted 11 days ago
About the role
- Performs inspections of purchased parts, materials, sub-assemblies or finished products according to inspection plans using standard physical, mechanical and/or electrical measurement equipment
- Documents inspection and test results in traceable manner in a database or other internal programs
- Maintains all controlled document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner
- Monitor inspection and test equipment to ensure proper operation, carries out maintenance activities and uses calibrated equipment only
- Creates or assists in creating / updating of inspection plans, test procedures, SOPs for the incoming inspection function
- Initiates Non-conformance reports as required
- Perform First Article Inspection review to support component qualification process - where applicable
- Performs containment actions, product identification and traceability activities as specified
- Work with other company personnel to address inspection issues, questions
- Ensure timely returns of non-conforming products to the supplier
- Achieve KPI targets based on FY goals:
- Technical skills and demonstrated experience in quality assignments: ability to read drawings to BS8888 (BS308) std. and specification documents, usage of measurements and test equipment.
- Technical Education or practice in industrial / automotive area on similar position would be an advantage.
- A good understanding of Technical English and good communication skills.
- Approachability (Personal / Interpersonal Skills)
- Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Peer Relationships (Personal / Interpersonal Skills)
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Learning on the Fly (Strategic Skills)
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Decision Quality
- Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting; tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting; waits for others to catch up before acting; sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process.
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Time Management
- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
Benefits the role offers
- Hours are Monday to Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday is 8am-1pm.
- Free Parking
- Subsidise Canteen on site
- Opportunity to Progress into a permanent Role
Please quote reference 1377764. If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.