Specialist DB Team Manager, 3 days from home
Surrey | Competitive benefits | Posted 11 days ago
Oversee a small, specialist team within the Defined Benefit pensions area of a FTSE250 UK financial services group, offering great flexibility.
About the role
- Oversee team of four staff
- Provide support and expertise to the Third-Party Administration operational team with member queries, providing data for reinsurance reporting and any other required MI
- Ensure all work is completed in line with our agreed SLAs and meets our client commitments
- Play a pivotal role in providing a quality service and expanding the DB area, by driving continuous improvement and identifying opportunities to improve scalability
- Work alongside the TPA Service Governance Analyst and the Implementation team, you will need to ensure they engage from the outset; they understand the reinsurer requirements for screening and mortality processes, the payroll necessities and preparing the team for the ultimate handover to BAU, ensuring scheme benefits and reinsurance treaties are understood
- Ensure that the team are briefed on regulatory and legislative changes within the defined benefit and de-risking space
- Some management experience either in a pensions or de-risking team with a life company, in house pensions team or third-party administrator
- Good pensions industry knowledge, with a high level of understanding in corporate DB pensions and how they differ from DC and individual annuities
- Capable of applying DB knowledge to assess and validate complex benefit calculations
- Knowledge of DB de-risking market, including an understanding of the DB Pension Scheme wind up process, desirable but not essential
- PMI and/or management qualifications would be an advantage but not required
Please quote reference 1376936 . If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive £250! This is just one of the many roles that we are working on, all of which are on our website www.sammonspensions.co.uk . We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace. Any salary advertised is for search purposes only. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, you have not been successful on this occasion.