Hastings, East Sussex | £25000 - £30000 per annum | Posted 19 days ago
Our client is the UK's leading independent manufacturer and distributor of swimming pools, covers, liners, chemicals, reels and accessories. They also install commercial swimming pool reels and covers. They have a reputation for great service and are on the market seeking a Team Leader.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Installation of the lining system to the highest possible standard
- To assist and support the department at all times
- Responsible for the installation job in hand
- To organise the daily workload to ensure the job is finished correctly and on time
- To supervise the activities of all personnel within the team and responsibility the work, training and supervision of the team with you on the job in hand
- To liaise with the Project Manager - Extreme and Service to discuss any issues and needs with the job in hand
- To train and supervise new members of staff in all aspects of the job whether on site or 'in house'
- To ensure all staff keep plant and equipment in good working order and the working area is kept clean and tidy Informing the Project Manager - Extreme and Service of any issues
- The site installation and repair of all products
- To enforce company rules and safety policy as laid out within the Employee Handbook, ensuring all personnel fully understand these rules. Any matters that could directly affect health and safety or breach company rules must be reported to the Project Manager - Extreme and Service
- At all times to promote and protect the company name, reputation and products. To liaise and deal with all staff, customers and clients in a professional manner
- To assist the Manager in all aspects of running the department in order to maintain and expand the existing customer base and to promote further sales
- When working at the main site, to ensure you and your extreme colleagues are fully utilised at all times. Liaising with the Project Manager
- To carry out as and when required any other duties to facilitate the effective operation of the company, or any reasonable request from the Directors, Snr Managers or Project Manager - Extreme and Service
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Must be able to line any shaped pool
- Must be able to line steps
- Take responsibility for leading the team and ensuring the work is completed in a timely, efficient manner
- Monitor material and order stock when required
- Train other members of staff
- Ensure team and individual's job sheets and time sheets are filled in correctly
- Keen eye for detail
- Fit and healthy, as some heavy lifting involved
- Driving Licence essential
- Must be prepared to work and stay away during the week
- Able to work outdoors in all weather
- Be prepared to learn aspects of lining a pool
- Some Saturday working may be involved
The following position will include these benefits:
- Progression within the company
- All overtime paid at time and a half
- 41.5 hour basic working week - Involves early starts, especially on some Monday mornings
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.