Hastings, East Sussex | £25000 - £30000 per annum | Posted 53 days ago
Our client specialise in the import and distribution of Industrial Electrical and Electronic products. They import from China, Taiwan, India, USA and various European countries. They distribute nationally to manufacturers and regional distributors and globally via their global distribution partners. They are looking for a reliable & hard working, Technical Purchaser who will undertake purchasing from their global suppliers and perform first line support to assist customers in choosing the right products from their offering.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Monitoring inventory movements and placing orders to maintain sufficient stock levels within budget
- Maintaining accurate supplier price lists
- Negotiating, arranging and track shipping of completed orders from our supplier to our warehouse
- Keep all vendor and product quality and standard documents up to date
- Provide first level technical support by helping customers identify which products best suit their application and providing assistance configuring of our more simple products
- Completing low level technical forms for customers where necessary
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
- Must have previous purchasing experience
- Must have at least basic knowledge of electronic products
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work using own initiative without supervision
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive approach and a 'can do' attitude
- Keen Team player with high level of dedication
- Good sense of humour
- Must like friendly dogs (They have office dogs)
The following position will include these benefits:
- Hours - Monday-Thursday 9am to 5:30pm and Friday 9am to 5pm
- Holiday Allowance - 20 days P.A. + Public Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme (Option to opt out)
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.