Temporary Client Affairs Assistant
Eastbourne, East Sussex | Up to £10.21 per hour | Posted 21 days ago
Our client are actively seeking a Temporary Client Affairs Assistant to join their team based in Eastbourne.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- To make applications for Appointee-ship and Deputy-ship ensuring that guidelines and procedures are adhered to
- To regularly reconcile accounts for clients living in residential care homes supported accommodation, in the community and in health settings
- To deal with correspondence efficiently and undertake financial transactions. Report on all financial receipts and payment activities using agreed systems and processes
- To finalise the Estates of deceased clients in a timely manner and make referrals to the Treasury Solicitor when necessary
- To respond to members of the public regarding queries or issues which relate to the function and provide advice as appropriate, including making stakeholders and clients aware of the responsibilities and financial procedures that need to be followed
- To ensure the confidentiality of information held electronically or on paper is in accordance with council policy, the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and Caldicot principles and other relevant legislation
- To liaise and share information with colleagues, and partner organisations including Office of the Public Guardian, Court of Protection , Department for Work and Pensions, to ensure the effective management of cases
- To ensure all work carried out under section 46 of the 1984 Public Health Act and the Care Act 2014 follows set guidelines and ensure standard of work remains consistent and in line with council policy
- To undertake work relating to the maximisation of clients benefits, to ensure clients receive their personal expenditure allowance and that the correct payments of client contributions are made towards the cost of care services
- To liaise with the Protection of Property Officer in carrying out the council's statutory function
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- High levels of numeracy
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Practical problem solving skills
- Prioritising own workload
- Able to work under own initiative with a high degree of accuracy
- Competent in using Microsoft Office, in particular Outlook, Excel & Word and their application
- 5 GCSEs Grade C or above or equivalent including Maths and English
- Ability to manage constant and conflicting demands, often to meet tight deadlines
- Diplomatic, innovative, self-motivated
The following position will include these benefits:
- Progression within the company
- Temp to Perm opportunity
- Competitive hourly rate
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.