Rye, East Sussex | £9.00 - £10.00 per hour | Posted 23 days ago
Our client are seeking a Temporary Cook to cover the following dates, Monday 30th August till Friday 3rd September. Basic knowledge will be required. The successful candidate must be able to drive due to the limited location.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Measuring out meal ingredients according to a recipe
- Prepping various ingredients such as meats and vegetables
- Collaborating with the Executive Chef and Cooks to prepare meals
- Serving food and drinks to their customers and employers
- Cleaning up the kitchen space after cooking each meal and ensuring the prep area and kitchen is cleaned and sanitised at the end of the shift
- Maintaining a pantry stock record
- Rotating stock items as per established procedures
- Restocking the pantry and fridge or freezer as necessary
- Properly storing food items at appropriate temperatures
- Ordering new ingredients as required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- In-depth knowledge of various cooking techniques
- Working knowledge of food safety and hygiene protocols
- Strong team spirit
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Two years or more experience as a Cook in the restaurant industry
- Working knowledge of mathematical principles such as ratios and proportions
- Good dexterity
- Excellent communication skills
The following position will include these benefits:
- Hours- Monday 30th August to Friday 3rd September
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.