Temporary Domestic Assistants
Eastbourne, East Sussex | Up to £9.60 per hour | Posted 19 days ago
Our client is a well-established care home situated close to Eastbourne. They are a successful stand-alone care home that has been in operation for over many years. The home enjoys an excellent reputation for providing quality care. Their aim is to always preserve the self-respect of those who depend upon the support of others in an atmosphere of dignity, respect and trust.
They are actively seeking Temporary Domestic and Kitchen Assistants to join their team. The client are offering to cover the cost of an Enhanced DBS (a minimum of 2 months commitment is required) and no previous experience is required.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Undertake general cleaning of all areas within the kitchen and food preparation areas, dry goods store and dining room including the washing of pots/pans and sink duties.
- Clean thoroughly areas such as windows, ledges, shelves etc.
- Assist in the preparation of food.
- Assist in the service of all meals and snacks
- Cleanliness of the bedrooms, lounges, dining areas, utility rooms, corridors, bathrooms/toilets;
- General dining room duties - laying/waiting at/clearing tables, washing up;
- Kitchen duties - cleaning, basic preparation of food and some cooking under supervision;
- The use of domestic type laundry equipment for the care of linen and clothing - washing machines, irons etc.;
- Bed making, care of linen and clothing including washing and ironing (this often entails sluicing of soiled linen and clothes)
- Knowing where the fire extinguishers and escape routes are and what action to take in an emergency;
- Participating in appropriate training and domestic staff development
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Caring and sensitive
- Physically fit for lifting and moving duties
- Well organised
- Willing to undertake training
- Aware of the need for confidentiality
- Responsible and mature
The following position will include these benefits:
- Hours 7-3pm or 1.30-7.30pm working 5-7 days a week
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunities to develop and grow with the team
- Cost of your DBS Check covered (2 month commitment)
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.