Lewes, East Sussex | Negotiable | Posted 27 days ago
Our client, a food distribution company in Lewes is looking for a picker/picker on a temporary basis.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Pulls and packs product based on daily orders
- Meets specifics of customer orders in a timely manner
- Keeps products separated, organized and in good rotation
- Monitors product quality frequently, reporting problems to mitigate safety issues
- Operates various pieces of equipment (i.e. Bendi, Palletizer, Dolly Loader, Pallet Wrapper, Forklift, and Electrical Pallet Jacks)
- Reports any mechanical problems
- Continuous improvement mindset and assists in identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Follows good manufacturing practices and required work safe practices
- Maintains a clean, sanitary, and safe work area
- Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Ability to work accurately
- Having basic mathematical abilities
- Demonstrating verbal and written communication skills
- Being proficient in basic computer applications
- Being able to stand for long periods of time and lift heavy objects
- Candidates should, ideally, be able to drive due to remote location
The following position will include these benefits:
- Competitive salary
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.