Temporary Records Management Officer
Hailsham, East Sussex | Negotiable | Posted 24 days ago
Our client are looking for a Temporary Records Management Officer to be based at their office in Hailsham.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Responsible for holding a caseload; provide advice on policy, legal and regulatory issues and produce records of actions taken in respect of cases and record outcomes and decisions
- Responsible for supporting clients and/or other members of the team with more complex enquiries, appeal procedures and escalations
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation and professional area and provide advice on legal and regulatory issues, including interpretation of local policy
- Provide professional advice and information in relation to the service area to internal and/or external customers including the production of written advice for the intranet, internet or external publications as required
- Deputise for the line manager as required, including attendance at external meetings
- Responsible for responding to complaints from customers, following local procedures for handling complaints
- Support the development of local policies, procedures, systems and guidance in response to changes in legislation and best practice
- Review the service provision and make recommendations for improvement to local systems, take a lead on implementing changes
- Assist with the monitoring and/or reconciliation of local budgets so budgets are used appropriately and effectively, maintaining records to account for spending and administer transactional financial processes in line with Council standards
- Plan and organise programmes of work including allocation of work to other members of the team, having regard to the effective use of resources and safe working practices
- Provide management data and reports to the Managers and to the Senior Management Team
- Line manage, co-ordinate and/or and supervise staff to ensure the delivery of services which respond to local needs. Ensure that Council policies are met, staff wellbeing is maintained and staff performance continuously improves. This includes undertaking one to one's, maximising Performance discussions and providing support with identifying training and development needs for staff and addressing any delivery or performance concerns.
- Regularly provide training on a specialist subject to all staff in the department
- Independently manage projects and hold accountability for delivery of the project objectives. This will include; ensuring project documentation is produced and maintained and progress is reported to the project sponsor and project board, engagement with stakeholders, responsibility for decision making and obtaining approvals through relevant governance processes
- Be a local subject matter expert in a specific technical area. Responsible for holding a more complex caseload in a specialist area, providing support and guidance on this specialist area to other members of the team and updating local policies as required
- Responsible for the monitoring of local budgets so budgets are used appropriately and effectively, maintaining records to account for spending
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Developed ICT skills
- Ability to organise own and others workloads to meet deadlines and to deal with conflicting demands
- Able to use own initiative to solve problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of customers using tact, diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Ability to collate and analyse data and undertake research showing attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to solve complex problems and develop solutions
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to converse at ease with customer and provide advice in accurate spoken English
- Developed knowledge of the services provided by the directorate, statutory duties of the service and best practice in the specialist field
- Developed knowledge of the area of specialism the team is responsible for, including a broad technical knowledge
- Budget planning and monitoring principles and processes
The following position will include these benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.