Lewes, East Sussex | Negotiable | Posted 24 days ago
Our client is currently seeking a Solicitor for their service in Lewes on a Temporary basis for approximately 6 months.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Providing prompt and accurate legal advice
- Written and oral communication
- Liaising effectively with a diverse range of personnel/organisations
- Negotiating and drafting
- Analysing factual situations, researching the relevant law and applying it
- Working effectively with elected members
- Drafting complex documentation
- Explaining legal documentation to clients, including non specialists
- Presenting complex arguments
- Providing robust solutions to a variety of complex legal issues
- Exercising political sensitivity and diplomacy
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Practising Solicitor or Barrister
- Experience of mentoring or guiding legal staff
- Knowledge and experience of Contract and Procurement Law
- Ability to demonstrate experience of conducting own caseload within defined areas of legal practice
- Experience of effective risk management
- Ability to work within a team or independently
- Aptitude to embrace new areas of law and concepts so as to develop specialist skills further
- Ability to meet the travelling requirements of the role
The following position will include these benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.