Temporary Warehouse Operatives
Eastbourne, East Sussex | Negotiable | Posted 10 days ago
Our Client has over 30 years of experience, they design and manufacture market-leading security solutions for a range of buildings. Around 25,000 buildings each year are secured globally with their products. Their Global Head Office is based in Brighton, and have colleagues in 12 countries and export to over 60 countries worldwide. They are actively seeking Warehouse Operatives to join their ever - growing team.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Ensuring that all goods that are loaded or unloaded match the relevant paperwork
- Taking responsibility for a company's freight and assets by reporting any suspicious activity at work
- Storing and rotating stock according to established procedures
- Reporting any damaged or missing goods to Warehouse Managers or Supervisors
- Keeping the warehouse environment clean and tidy and maintaining equipment
- Following workplace health and safety rules when handling goods
- Ensuring efficient operations by adhering to operational procedures, rules and schedules
- Assisting with warehouse inventory controls, which typically involves using a hand-held scanner
- Treating merchandise with care and concern at all times
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience but not essential:
- Physical strength, fitness and dexterity, as they often have to lift heavy packages or work at elevated heights
- Excellent team-working skills to effectively collaborate with other members of a warehouse team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literacy, including knowing how to use scanners and relevant software programs, such as warehouse management systems
- Excellent organisational and record-keeping skills to coordinate large volumes of goods
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- The ability to work effectively under limited supervision
The following position will include these benefits:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Based in Eastbourne
- Lates 3pm-11.30pm Monday - Friday - Nights 10pm - 8.15am Monday - Thursday
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.