Temporary Warehouse Operatives
Eastbourne, East Sussex | Up to £9.24 per hour | Posted 98 days ago
Our client, who are based in Eastbourne are seeking multiple Warehouse Operatives to join their fast paced team. You will be responsible for picking and packing in-store products, getting orders ready to be dispatched, maintaining stock levels and picking and processing samples. There are various shifts available so you must be flexible.
The role will include a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage in the warehouse
- Taking goods to the appropriate storage space
- Keeping a careful record of the stock on the warehouse management system, so that it can be located quickly
- Picking orders using a hand-held scanner from the storage space and bringing them for packing, or to the loading bay for transportation
- As a packer, you may spend most of your time at a packing machine or conveyor line. You'll put products into containers, such as boxes and crates, using bubble wrap or polystyrene chips, and then seal the containers ready for delivery to shops and stores. You will also ensure orders are packaged and labelled correctly to prevent returned orders
- Organising transfers and loading goods on to delivery vehicles
- Cleaning and maintaining the warehouse will also be part of the daily routine
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Good organisational skills
- Reliability and dependability
- Literacy & numeracy
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Upbeat and energised
- Flexible and willing take on a variety of tasks
- Team player
This is one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for.
Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.