Is a new job top of your Christmas list this year?
Despite what people may think, companies still continue to recruit during December, and the current job market is hotter than ever, setting new starters up to kick-start the New Year.
Reasons may vary from business to business, but there is every opportunity for a determined job seeker to secure a new role if they know the best means of searching the market.
Here are some reasons why you shouldn't put your job search on hold until the New Year:
- Christmas is a busy time of year and who has time to be looking for jobs? A lot of people put their job searching on hold over December to focus on family and celebrations until the New Year… but this means less competition for those who continue searching.
- People tend to like to start out the New Year with everything settled and no loose ends. This may mean hiring extra people in anticipation of staffing problems or taking care of any positions now instead of waiting until January.
- Many companies must spend money they have left in their hiring budget by the end of the year. If they don’t, they could lose that amount as part of next year’s budgets.
- Many people leave their jobs this time of year, anticipating that they can spend the Christmas period with their family and then make a fresh start in January with a new job.
- Christmas brings parties, holidays and special events, but recruitment never stops and there are still always business requirements that must be met. Many people think that Christmas means temporarily suspending business, but most companies will work through the Christmas period and seek to secure new hires.
So, what are you waiting for? Make this December a time to push your job search, ready for a fresh start in 2022.
You can do this by:
- Registering with our teams of experienced Recruitment Consultants today. At the Sammons Recruitment Group, igniting and re-igniting ambitions is our expertise; We work with our candidates throughout their careers offering support, advice and guidance from entry-level to senior directors, connecting candidates with great employer brands.
- Ensuring your CV and LinkedIn profile is up to date and current.
- Looking at potential training courses/ webinars/ podcasts that could enhance your career development.
- Taking a free online course or reading a book on professional development.
- Attending Christmas networking events with potential employers or companies.
- Volunteering for an organisation that enables you to learn something new.
- Looking at temporary work to gain some experience and make a little extra income during the festive period.
- Taking advantage of any spare holiday time you may have off over the Christmas period to conduct research.
As we fast approach the end of the year, the demand for talent continues to skyrocket and we are on hand to carefully assess candidates’ options, exploit the hot job market and maximise every opening with your best interest in mind.
Don’t waste this opportunity. Get in touch with our teams today.