Crawley, West Sussex | £40000 - £50000 per annum | Posted 21 days ago
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax, and consulting firms, our client deliver big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. They are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions and are on the market seeking a Payroll Controller.
The successful Payroll Controller will keep the Payroll Manager fully informed of the status of work and of any problems encountered, and will offer suggestions as to how these can be resolved efficiently and effectively.
About the role
- Processing staff starting and returning from maternity leave
- Updating sickness reports
- Processing leavers
- Calculating adjustments required, including pro-rata calculations
- Completing end-of-period payroll reporting for review by the payroll manager
- To supervise the Payroll Administrators and Payroll Support Administrator to ensure their work is up-to-date and provide support with training where required
- To support the Payroll Manager in the delivery of an accurate payroll by importing and reconciling uplifts to salaries and various benefits the company offers
- To complete P11D reporting and childcare voucher assessments annually
- Creating and sending BACS files
- Importing new starters to the payroll
- Previous experience of supervising a team
- A good general standard of education, including GCSC (or equivalent) in Maths and English at C or above
- A minimum of 2 years' in-house payroll experience
- Methodical, organised, and accurate
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent team player
If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and consider all applications. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.