Senior Pensions Administrator FTC 18 months
London | £35,000 - £45,000 per annum | Posted yesterday
Rare opportunity to join a in-house pension department as a Senior Pension Administrator on a contract basis for 18 months. Pension administration is carried out in-house for four UK-linked defined benefit pension schemes covering around 45,000 members, £23 billion of assets making benefit payments approaching £900 million a year.
The role will be hybrid working with 2 days in the office, part time working will be considered
About the role
- To provide an end-to-end service to the Trustee, the member and the Company for the administration of the pension schemes
Responding to pension enquires such as processing divorce cases, implementing pension transfers and time critical events such as the responding to serious ill health retirement requests or providing pension information for the death of a current employee
- Answer complex member queries which have been escalated, such as Lifetime and Annual Allowance queries, complaints and providing responses for questions which require in depth pension knowledge.
- Provide support to the Pension Administration Team Leader in controlling and monitoring pension cases and workflows, ensuring all activities are completed in line with legislation and service level agreements agreed with the Trustee.
- Excellent knowledge of UK defined benefit pension schemes
- Good knowledge of UK pension legislation
- Experience of working with pension administration systems (e.g. Compendia)
- Self-starter and effective team player
- Strong eye for detail and good grammatical skills
- Track record of doing and checking work
- Strong customer focused skills in dealing with members on the phone or in writing
Please quote reference 73218. If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace and consider all applications. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.