Pensions Discretions Manager
South Yorkshire, Yorkshire | £24,500 - £35,000 per annum | Posted 26 days ago
Due to future expansion and restructure we have two exciting opportunities, for the right people, to join our award-winning Pensions Service Centre team to grow their careers and be at the forefront of the biggest change to UK pensions for a generation.
As a Discretions Manager you will work closely with one of our brilliant team leaders to assess all relevant information to determine, in accordance with delegated authorities, payment of various discretional payments i.e. dependent‘s pensions, distribution of lump sum death benefit.
The role is offered an a hybrid working basis
About the role
- Where discretion is delegated, authorise payments
- Where cases fall outside the agreed delegated authorities, prepare and submit recommendations as to the distribution of benefits to the relevant Trustee body for each scheme for a decision.
- Ensure all recordkeeping is compliant
- Specify and produce management information for the Trustees of each scheme relating to bereavement discretions
- Analyse and interpret emerging legislative, policy and client driven changes to the Royal Mail Pensions framework and lead the review of operational processes and services to ensure compliance
- Be the focal point for provision of technical guidance to Pensions Administrators, Senior Pensions Administrators and other members of the team
- Be the first point of contact for Trustee Executive, Plan Secretaries, legal advisers and key stakeholders
- Ensure safe systems of work are in place
- You’ll be an experienced and professionally qualified pensions practitioner, who has a strong understanding of UK pensions and experience of delivering a professional, member focused service – for either DB or DC pension schemes (or both) – and who thrives on being part of a high performing team and helping your colleagues grow.
- The ability to quickly assimilate complex information (intestacy and probate law, pension plan rules and relevant delegated authorities). Experience of working in a structured, regulated environment
- An understanding of the legislative framework surrounding Occupational Pension Schemes, including taxation.
- Demonstrably strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong numeracy skill
- Proven planning and organisational skills, including experience of delivering to demanding timescales and working flexibly to ensure that customer requirements are met
Please quote reference 79716. If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace and consider all applications. Any salary advertised is for search purposes only. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.