Pensions Governance Lead
Lancashire, North West | £excellent | Posted 25 days ago
Excellent opportunity to join this large in-house pensions team as Pensions Governance Lead. You will develop and deliver a high-quality governance service dealing with compliance, risk and strategic communication.
About the role
- Lead on management of the Pension Board, including development of agenda and managing relationships with the Board Chair, other members of the Board and related stakeholders
- Evaluate and evolve the risk framework, focusing on identification, management and effective communication of strategic risks
- Ensure adequate Governance Framework in place, with supporting policies and documentation demonstrating best practice and proposing/ implementing good governance improvements
- Lead on design and delivery of the communication strategy that will include evolution of Fund website and stakeholder communications for external parties, as well as collaboration with the administration provider
- Support the Head of Pensions in matters related to the partnership including strategic planning, budgeting and governance
- Provide expert advice, support and guidance to representatives of LCC and LCPF acting as shareholders of LPP, including senior officers and elected members
- Pensions Management Institute part or full-qualified, or other pensions technical or administration qualifications from a certified body
- Significant experience in a senior role within a pension’s environment (local government pensions, pensions consultancy firm or in-house pension scheme)
- Experience in a governance focused role within a pensions environment
Please quote reference 80046. If you know someone suitable for this role, share the word and through our referral scheme receive up to £250! This is just one of the many roles we are working on at the Sammons Recruitment Group. Please visit our website www.sammons.co.uk for full details on all Permanent, Temporary and Contract career opportunities we are actively seeking candidates for. Recruiting on the basis of Talent, we are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace and consider all applications. Any salary advertised is for search purposes only. If you have not heard from us within 7 days you will have not been successful on this occasion, however, we would welcome your application for alternative vacancies.