In a tight labour market, with almost two-thirds of employers expecting to have difficulties filling job vacancies in the coming six months, according to a recent survey of more than 1,000 recruitment and human resources workers by YouGov for the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), having a nimble, efficient recruitment process has never been of more importance.
Is your recruitment process effective in ensuring you are hiring the talent needed to drive business success? Key areas that should be under regular scrutiny:
- What is the average period from identifying a vacancy to reaching offer stage and commencement of employment?
- What is the average number of hours hiring managers need to invest in order to get a candidate started in the role?
- What is the average number of hours an applicant needs to commit to, from start of the process, to taking up the role?
- Are you fully exploiting potential to automate processes, but balancing against a potential detriment in your overall recruitment process?
- Is your decision-making process onerous and slowing down the process?
- How much does each hire cost in financial terms?
- How regularly do you review interview processes/techniques to ensure fit for purpose, identifying the skills/attributes/cultural fit required, whilst unconscious bias being removed?
- What is your offer acceptance rate?
- What is your retention rate?
- How well do your new hires score in performance reviews?
- Do you ask for, and review candidates’ assessments of your recruitment process?
As part of your overall corporate vision, an effective recruitment strategy should include identifying what is required of your workforce to help achieve business objectives and future success. This gives the opportunity to consider new skills and attributes necessary to navigate the future challenges and opportunities going forward.
For further information, advice or recruitment tips speak to the Sammons Pensions Recruitment team, we have been partnering with employers across the Pensions industry for over 25 years to successfully assist in securing talented Pensions professionals at all levels.